Gardeners gifts. Macrame hanging pots for your urban jungle
If you feel identified with life in “urban jungle” mode it is clear that you know that not all plants fit on the floor, on the shelves or on that small table that did not have any use. If you want green at home, the plants are your allies, and if you no longer have an appropriate place where you can place the last one you have bought, you will have to find a solution … maybe, hang it. Then, and only then, have you achieved your particular urban jungle.
Macrame hanging macramé pots have become an indispensable accessory for many urban gardeners and, although some people find it a simple and fun task to make them, the truth is that not everyone has the ability, patience or time to do it.
It is an art to make elaborate knots in very different ways with an aesthetic and practical purpose. That’s what macramé is, a form of fabric that is made using knotting techniques, instead of knitting. The materials used in macramé are very varied and include laces made of cotton, linen, hemp, jute, leather or thread.
This diversity of materials and different knotting techniques create the final effect that makes the difference, in addition to the accessories that are incorporated and the grace with which they are created. Everyone seems the same, but it is not like that.
These days we have searched for markers for plants, we have also found seed bombs very well presented as a gift. Today, the proposal is to find ideas that make more fun the idea of hanging the plants and create your jungle (urban or not) inside the house, because you will agree with me that the plants have always to be well received, and where two lives they can live three, four, or more if necessary. Who knows, maybe you’ll find something to give you or even … give away as a present.
Macrame is very common for these things, but as we like to recycle, we are going to take advantage of an old shirt to hang our plant.
1. Cut the shirt horizontally in 3 strips (the thickness will depend on the dimensions of the shirt and how big you want to make this hanger)
2. Now cut these circles in half to get 6 equal halves (below you have the drawings)
3. Fold these 6 pieces of fabric in half and tie a knot in the top part, which will be where you will hang it from.
4. Now divide into four groups of three pieces of cloth and make a braid with each group up to the middle and tie a knot
5. Re-divide the bottom of the fabrics, this time take two pieces on one side and add another piece of cloth on the other side, knot them
6. Several centimeters below the knots that you have just made, do another one, combining 2 fabrics from one knot and one from another.
7. And a little further down, to the last knot with all the fabrics.
You already have your pot hanger made by you. Very easy, free and practical!